Saturday, February 1, 2020

Secession

I wrote this on April 14, 2009:

I hear people say that states should have the right to leave the union, and I just don't think it would be appropriate for a state to leave for any small reason. The Constitution created a centralized government because of problems in the Articles of Confederation. I think if a state agrees to be part of the Union, then they have some obligations with that. We definitely need to swing back towards state power, but I just think we have to be careful about how far we push that. I think probably the Department of Education is the most pointless organization that the Federal government runs. There is also the related issue of whether states should be allowed to have separate moral policies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home