Saturday, December 2, 2017

It's Time To Support President Obama

On November 30, 2008 somebody posted this to a message board:
I know this sounds wrong, but I think it's time we all support our President Elect. No Joke.

I am going to support President Obama until he proves to me he doesn't deserve my support, just as I would do to any stranger I meet. There are two areas presidents need support - domestic policy and foreign policy.

In both cases, I don't care what he says, since politicians will say anything they can think of to sway voters. It's what they do that counts.

Domestic Policy. He can say anything, but what will he do? My support for him on domestic issues will last until he does some Marxist stupid thing. Unfortunately, based on his meager track record of doing anything, I suspect my support will vanish in his first week as President, certainly by the end of January 2009. By doing Something Stupid, I mean either through executive order or by signing some Pelosireid crap, like a Big3 bailout.

Foreign Policy. Here I think my support will last longer. He has left overs from the Clinton years and maybe even the Queen herself, so it will take longer to do Something Stupid here. However, I give him 3 months.

I just want you all to know, it's time to come together and support the government the idiots stuck us with. In the meantime get a good store of rotten tomatoes.
Someone else said:
Based on soviet experience, the most effective form of thrashing is humor. 
I responded with:
I heard about two Soviet jokes:

In Russia we have freedom of speech, in America you have freedom after speech.

Under Capitalism man exploits man, under communism it's just the opposite.
Then I said:
One of my economic's professors was from Russia and I think she was also a Catholic. She missed a class after John Paul II died. 
Then I wrote:
I'll try to give Obama the benefit of the doubt, even though I really wish he was not elected. The hatred of Bush really bothered me and the left should have agreed with some of his extra spending on education, entitlements and Africa. 

Here is an interesting article I enjoyed written by a Christian:

Respect President Obama, no matter your politics
The link is bad, but here is an excerpt:
But I'll never forget my dad saying a few months later, "Well, Jimmy Carter is our president now, and we have to respect him. That's what happens in a democracy."

Wow - did that ever impact me.
Someone else responded with:
that respect the president thinking is just a big ole bromide. why should you respect or follow someone who has the opposite goals and ideals as you? that is WW2 thinking. i was taught to treat the office with respect, his policies and actions are a different story. 
Another person said:
Respect is not an entitlement, of office or otherwise. Noone has ever been, is, or will ever be entitled to respect. Respect is to be earned, and earned continuously, as it has a limited shelf life.
I wrote:
Here is blog post that I enjoyed: 
The link is bad, but here is an excerpt:
Is it me? Or have the right been far more sensible and gracious to Barack Obama since his election then the left ever was to George W. Bush when he was elected?

.........

I don't think Obama will be a good president. But I HOPE for a CHANGE in that opinion. I hope he's the greatest president in history. I hope the pre-election promises of perfection are realized. I doubt they will be, but I want to at least give him a chance to screw it up before I say he screwed it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home