Saturday, January 21, 2017

Exercise equipment suggestions

I posted this to a message board on October 7, 13, and 27, 2008:
I want some suggestions on exercise equipment. I mainly want something to strengthen my arms, legs and back so that I am better able to lift things. I also just want something that is good for my overall health. I am a skinny guy, but I don't get very much exercise and I'm not very strong so I want something that would help me. Is the elliptical machine a good idea? Or perhaps something from Bowflex? I would prefer to stay under $500.

I'm not really the type to create an exercise plan with various tools, so I think a machine would be a better fit for me and will probably give a consistent workout. It snowed here yesterday so I don't want to be outside too much. There is an outside pool at these apartments. I have tried treadmills before and liked them. Inspector, thanks for the website on used equipment and it looks like they also offer advice.

Today I bought a Merit Fitness 710E Elliptical Machine from Play it Again Sports. They said they only had new machines, but this one was a store display. It cost $300, but I found a website selling them for $400. I ran on it today for 30 minutes, half of the time pedaling backwards. It was quite a workout for me and especially on my legs. The last five minutes were really tough. It said I burned 420 calories! I'm going to have to start eating more.  :wink: My speed was about 6 (is that mph?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home