Saturday, July 30, 2016

Married couples with separate beds

On September 12, 2008 CNN had an article called "We're married, sleeping separately".  Dr. Helen posted the article and asked "Is Sleeping Alone Good for Marriage?"

My wife and I just got married last year.  We have two beds, one in the master bedroom and one in a guest room.  We work different shifts; I have a swing shift job and she is a teacher.  We usually go to bed at different times.  On almost every night she will start out in the master bedroom but usually she will get up in the middle of the night and go to the guest room.  She claims that I move around too much while trying to find a comfortable position and while sleeping.  Sometimes I am still awake when she goes to the other bed and sometimes I am asleep and don't know what time it is.  She sets her alarm several hours earlier than I do and I can only think of one time where her alarm woke both us up while we were in the same bed.  I have no idea if this is good for our marriage or not.  She has Asperger's syndrome and seems to be different than most other women, which has both upsides and downsides.  My grandma's parents also slept in separate rooms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home